- Published: 09 April 2023
Specialized in the development of innovative technological solutions in the areas of Defence, Aeronautics, Space, Electronics and Vehicles, Avibras Aerospace Industry will be present in another edition of LAAD Defence & Security, showcasing its portfolio of products recognized in the world market of Defence and Security. The fair, which is considered the largest and most important defence and security exhibition in Latin America, will be held from April 11 to 14 at Riocentro – Convention and Exhibition Centre, in Rio de Janeiro.
Guided by excellence and innovation, Avibras will present cutting-edge products at its stand located in Pavilion 4 – R50, such as:
- The ASTROS II MK6 (Rocket and Missile Artillery System), world reference in its class and proven in combat;
- The Tactical Cruise Missile (TCM) capable of neutralizing targets up to 300 km;
- The new ASTROS AFC (Autonomous Firing Calculation), a version designed to offer excellent cost-benefit, allowing it to operate alone or in section, its launcher has greater firepower and capacity to calculate firing elements, to fire and to seek shelter (Shoot-and-Scoot), minimizing the exposure of the AFC System;
- The C4ISTAR, which is scalable from Battalion to Division and based on Avibras' decades of expertise in the ASTROS Command and Control System, having the interfaces for the integration of Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Search and Recognition functions and their respective connection with Command and Control Systems of higher echelons;
- The ground-to-ground, air-to-ground, sea-to-ground and Antiship Missile Systems family;
- And the ASTROS III, based on an 8x8 vehicle, which will have twice the firepower of the ASTROS AFC and will gather all the technological legacy of the ASTROS MK6, launching ballistic rockets, guided rockets, ballistic missiles and tactical cruise missiles.
The company will also bring its pioneering spirit and expertise in the space area with the VSB-30, a highly successful suborbital vehicle in the Brazilian Space Program, and the S50, the largest rocket engine ever manufactured in Brazil with 12 tons of solid propellant and innovative technologies such as the use of carbon fibre for the production of the motor case, making it lighter and more efficient.
With its participation in this exhibition, Avibras strengthen its solid partnership and commitment with the Brazilian Armed Forces for the development of high added-value technologies that aim at the country's sovereignty, such as the tactical cruise missile undergoing certification with the Brazilian Army, and the company reinforces its reliability as a partner to boost cutting-edge technological knowledge in Brazil and abroad.
Operation ASTROS AVC
Avibras is a Brazilian technology and innovation company with unique industrial capacity and recognized worldwide for the excellence and quality of its products, systems and engineering solutions in the areas of Aeronautics, Space, Electronics, Vehicles and Defence.
With more than 60 years of experience and certified as a Strategic Defence Company (EED), Avibras has consolidated its position as one of the world's leading companies in the Defence and Aerospace segment, with the development and manufacture of special vehicles for military purposes, becoming a reference in Multiple Rocket Launch System (MRLS), ballistic and guided rockets, missiles and pioneering participation in space research programs.
Known as a company that has the “Skills to build Skills”, Avibras is a System House, offering technological solutions to meet any need of its customers, showing real diversification and spin-off opportunities in Defence, Space and Complex Systems Integration.
Based in São José dos Campos, in Vale do Paraíba, the company is a pioneer in in-house, innovative and independent technology and operates in large facilities in Jacareí and Lorena. Its workforce is composed of highly qualified engineers, researchers and technicians capable of providing solutions for the most varied segments.